Essex based cosmetic dentist Dr. J Basrai has begun to offer 6 Month Smiles braces as one of the range of cosmetic treatments available at his clinic in Grays, Essex.
The 6 Months Smiles cosmetic dentistry treatment was original introduced in the U.S by leading cosmetic dentist Dr. Swain. It became especially popular with people who could neither afford to have cosmetic dental work done, or disliked the fact that conventional cosmetic dentistry can be a long process.
The 6 Month Smiles treatment differs from other forms of cosmetic dentistry by solely focusing upon the teeth which make up a person’s smile. By using special braces which are coloured to match teeth, most people find that crooked teeth, or gaps between teeth have been corrected within 6 months.
One of the major benefits of the 6 Month Smile technique is that there is no need for the patient to wear ugly metal braces whilst their smile is being repaired. The revolutionary 6 Month Smile braces resemble real teeth. After approximately 6 months, these braces will be removed and normal retainers will be put in place to stop teeth reverting to their original position.
Although the 6 Month Smiles technique is popular in the U.S, adoption of the treatment in the UK has been quite slow up until now, but this is all set to change.
Dr. Basrai is one of the first UK based cosmetic dentists to adopt the 6 Month Smiles technique in the UK. Dr. Basrai enthuses by saying, “I am really very excited to be able to offer this incredibly effective treatment to my patients. So many people are dissuaded from taking advantage of the benefits of cosmetic dentistry by the cost, and the fact it can take a long time for treatments to have a significantly noticeable effect. The 6 Months Smile treatment sidesteps both of these limitations, making it far more accessible. Everyone has a fantastic smile hiding away somewhere; this new technique to the UK will undoubtedly uncover many of them.”
People who are interested in learning more about the 6 Months Smile treatment, or who would like to arrange for an initial consultation to help discern whether 6 Months Smiles is right for them, should contact Dr. Basrai’s clinic.
Archive for September, 2011
Essex based cosmetic dentist Dr. J Basrai has begun to offer 6 Month Smiles braces as one of the range of cosmetic treatments available at his clinic in Grays, Essex.
Transparent Braces for Teeth – an alternative
Transparent braces for teeth are the best option for those adults who do not want anybody to see those wearing braces or for those teenagers who prefer not to be seen wearing metal braces. Teeth problems are quite common these days and mostly people prefer to go with the option of braces to hide their teeth problems. People like to make braces to rectify the small imperfections in the teeth, but to get those braces one never prefers to have a mouth having metal braces attracting lots of attention on teeth problems and looking a different face.
With the advent of technology, a solution has been found wherein you can easily straighten your teeth without any type of embellishment on the teeth. You can easily get one of those distinguished and amazing braces. Transparent braces for teeth costs similar to our conventional metal braces and there is hardly any difference when compared over the prices.
Benefits of Transparent Braces for Teeth
• Due to low cost in comparison with traditional braces made of metallic substance, transparent braces for teeth are quite accessible for any type of family. Even for those who have low budget, these braces can be affordable and definitely an important beneficiary to the damaged teeth.
• Another benefit of transparent braces for teeth can be moved with ease. These braces can be easily and simply taken off and can be put them again back on as per your feasibility and convenience. This benefit is not possible with metal braces.
• Transparent braces for teeth have the benefit of avoidance of getting poked with wire as it is the case with conventional metal braces. You are free from worrying about the poking of wire that usually is a part of metal braces.
• Transparent braces for teeth have the benefit of doing only minor adjustments. These braces adjusting procedure is not necessarily required quite often thus avoiding the frequent sore teeth as in case of conventional metal braces.
• Nowadays people are really short of time and money. Transparent braces of teeth enables you to spend least time in your dentist’s office as well as the dental visits would be very short. Thus ensures quite a good saving of money and time. This benefit is very important from the point of view of office goers and businessman.
• Another and the important benefit of transparent braces for teeth is that they are almost invisible. Your friends and colleagues can barely find out about these braces when you put them on. These enable you to maintain the self-esteem and avoid embarrassment. This benefit is of prime importance among the most people as it distinguishes the conventional metal with the newly and improved technology of transparent braces for teeth.
Most of the times it becomes a necessity to remove the little imperfections within your teeth and get braces that suits your needs.
Transparent braces for teeth enable you to rectify your teeth problems without worrying about walking around with mouth closed.
Teeth Braces Invisible for crooked teeth
Teeth braces invisible are regarded as the best of all the options to rectify the crooked teeth. Deviation in the teeth alignment makes it hard to take proper care of teeth, especially during flossing and brushing. Without proper cleaning there are chances that can be serious damaging the teeth such as gum infection, irregularities of tooth surface and tooth loss. However with the use of new technology of invisible teeth braces you can be free from all these serious issues and enjoy the life to its limit. These braces are also helpful in avoiding irregularities of teeth such as under bites, over bites, cross bites, crowded teeth, open bites, largely spaced teeth, protruding teeth and so on.
Teeth Braces Invisible is Comfortable
Invisible teeth braces, Invisalign consists of series of transparent aligners that are designed specifically as per the treatment process for each user. In contrary to conventional metal braces consisting of brackets and wires, teeth braces invisible are highly comfortable to be worn and more attractive. The aligners with which the invisible braces are made are quite easy to be detached for brushing, eating and flossing. Thus it enables the user to maintain the oral hygiene in an excellent manner. Since these braces are clear and cannot be viewed by others easily, the treatment details and process can be hidden from friends and colleagues. The main advantage of teeth braces invisible that are used for crooked or uneven teeth is it ensures that the user does not face any discomfort, and is comfortable by wearing them.
Factors Affecting Invisible Braces
• Visibility: The first thought that occurs in mind by hearing the name teeth braces invisible is that it is clear and hardly anybody can detect the difference. With conventional metal braces, the teeth braces appear much visible when used by the patient to hide the uneven teeth but with teeth braces invisible, it hardly is visible for people around you. These braces allow people to feel relaxed and confident to know that their aligners are nearly invisible while undergoing the process of correcting the crooked teeth. While conventional metal braces create a situation of embarrassment, teeth braces invisible gives the freedom to grin confidently and dazzlingly.
• Time Factor: Another factor that distinguishes teeth braces invisible with conventional metal braces is the amount of attention and time required for two different types of braces individually. As for conventional metal braces, the patient has to visit his dentist more frequently in order to carry out the continuous evaluation for working the braces. Contrary to this, with teeth braces invisible, the dentist visits are reduced up to large extent since the braces are designed specifically to be free of problems and comfortable means of dental treatment. Invisible braces have painful free procedures as compared to conventional braces wherein you have to tighten the wires regularly to maintain them.
Teeth braces invisible are highly gentle and go well with the skin giving you a much decent look and un-noticeable by others as compared to conventional metal braces.
Straight Teeth In 6 Months with technology
Straight teeth in 6 months might have seemed wishful thinking a few years ago but, with the advancement in modern orthodontic techniques, this has now become a more common practice. Having your teeth straightened is one of the most sought after dental procedures, and is a basic requirement for people who are trying to improve their smile. Straightening your teeth is the easiest and most cost effective method for a person to enhance the quality of their smile.
Straight teeth in 6 months can give you that picture perfect smile and enhance your facial profile. You will never again have to be too embarrassed to smile or be forced to try and hide crooked, disfigured teeth. All it takes is 6 months…. and that beautiful smile can be yours.
Reasons to have your teeth straightened
The procedure of teeth straightening may be indicated in the following situations
When a person’s mouth is considered to be too small. This means that there is only a limited space for further growth and can result in teeth crowding.
The lack of development of some teeth or the presence of extra teeth.
Malocclusion resulting from the presence of a misaligned jaw. This may be manifest in the form of difficulty in chewing or speaking.
Excessive grinding of the teeth.
In many cases the early loss of a person’s primary (baby) teeth may result in complications with the development of permanent teeth causing partial tooth formation, teeth crowding or misalignment.
Complications arising out of a fractured jaw/ broken teeth which cause irregular growth and improper tooth alignment.
Conditions resulting from negative adolescent behaviours pertaining to thumb sucking or excessive use of a pacifier, which can lead to the creation of an over bite.
Excessive tongue thrusting in younger children may result in additional pressure on the inside walls of the teeth causing an ‘open bite’.
The most obvious effect of these conditions results in the unsuitable appearance of the front teeth of the person. Typically, the front teeth are misaligned or crooked which may often lead to practical difficulties in biting and chewing. In terms of appearance as well, the shape of the mouth and the person’s smile may be visually unappealing. Straight teeth in 6 months can make a big difference in such situations, and provide a quick, inexpensive orthodontic solution.
Benefits of Teeth straightening
Straight teeth in 6 months are not just of cosmetic significance to the individual. For sure, it can help improve your facial contour as well as give you that perfectly proportionate smile that you have always longed for. But, of equal significance is the fact that straight teeth helps in improving a person’s overall dental hygiene and well-being. Teeth are easier to maintain as there is less chance of food particles getting trapped between them, and so it is easier to prevent gum diseases and tooth decay.
Straight teeth in 6 months are not just your ticket to feeling better, but will also make you look better with that perfect smile.
Popular Six months orthodontics treatment
Six months orthodontics treatment has become an extremely popular choice with the patients and dentists alike in the recent times. This refers to the teeth treatment which is completed generally within six months. This treatment is an amalgamation of age old treatments, new materials and latest techniques available for the dentistry treatments.
While the dentists do not claim to complete all orthodontics treatments within six months, a large variety and most sought after treatments can be treated. The basic technique for these treatments is to put gentle pressure on the teeth constantly to push them in the right position.
A large number of patients visit a dentist to get a better smile on their faces. This usually does not involve too complicated problems like crowding, open bite, deep bite, straightening of teeth etc. these problems can easily be resolved through six months of orthodontic treatment. Some treatments may last for only 4-5 months while others may take a bit longer than six months. However, the average tenure hovers around six months.
Contrary to popular belief, six months treatment is not more painful than the regular one. It may be less painful since very little pressure is put on the teeth to bring them in the desired position. Exerting high pressure on the teeth may actually slow down the treatment.
Another question generally asked by patients is whether this six months orthodontics treatment using high technology wires may cause root resorption. This is completely baseless. First of all researchers have not been able to establish a correlation between duration of braces and root absorption. Different studies have different findings. The fact is root resorption is based on the individual’s constitution. And in any case resorption tends to increase with longer use of braces. Hence it is safe to presume that in shorter duration of about six months the probability of root resorption is lesser as compared to the regular orthodontic treatment.
Six months orthodontics treatment is being used increasingly by the dentists for variety of treatments. Question that arises is whether it is suitable for all kinds of treatments. The answer is no. This treatment is not recommended for complicated orthodontics treatments. It is generally not recommended for TMJ treatments, migraine healing and for patients who are looking at drastic profile changes. In such cases surgery only is recommended.
However six months orthodontics treatment is the best treatment available as of now for usual aesthetic problems that are treated by dentists all over the world as bread and butter problems. This includes giving a perfect smile, taking care of crowding, straightening of teeth etc.
Six months orthodontics treatment can be done using metallic wires as well as clear wires. Clear wires may appeal to people who do not want the world to know that they are undergoing orthodontic treatment. Sometimes elastic is also used by the dentist as and when required. It generally involves visit to a doctor once a month.
Six months orthodontics treatment is a safe, less time consuming method with great results to showcase its success.
Lingual Braces for Cosmetic Dentistry
Lingual braces has proved to be an alternative to cosmetic dentistry for people like you and me who cannot afford the very expensive treatment of cosmetic dentistry like the famous celebrities and stars. But we as humans also wish to possess the most beautiful and wide smile like the many celebrities so the use of lingual braces has helped us to fulfil our wish of attaining a beautiful and corrected smile. Since our teeth forms the basis of our impression it becomes very important to protect the teeth and to focus on improving and getting a better smile. If you are amongst those people who are also dreaming about a beautiful smile then certainly lingual braces is the ultimate solution to all your problems.
Lingual braces enjoys an edge over the normal braces in the sense that they are invisible or are placed at the backside of your teeth which keeps them invisible to the people when you talk to them. Hence nobody would ever know that you are wearing braces and you would not have to look ugly when you smile had you been using the regular metal braces. Earlier the braces were only put in the front which gave you a uglier look till the time the treatment lasted which generally took around 1-2 years in most of the cases. But with the advanced techniques being used in the lingual braces it has become easier to insert it at the back of the teeth so that you do not get the usual look of wearing the braces for this long a period. Although these braces are hidden but it does not mean that they do not work effectively. They work on the same grounds as those of a regular bracing system and provide as effective results but simply help in concealing the ugly metal look on the outwards.
Lingual braces are a boon especially for adults because they feel awkward wearing braces to work and social meetings. These invisible braces helps in restoring and maintaining the confidence level of the people while at work and while interacting with different people around which is generally lost when they had to wear the ugly metallic braces. They could no longer behave normally and many people went quiet till they were wearing those regular braces. So lingual braces has helped people overcome the shame that they had to go through otherwise. Lingual braces fixation is very simple and only requires a few visits to the dentist. Many of you might think that fitting braces on the inner side of the teeth would be very difficult and result in extreme pain but as a matter of fact it is a very simple technology and can be done at ease.
But with so many advantages that lingual braces offers to you there is a slight disadvantage associated with it but can be overlooked easily. In comparison to the traditional set of braces the lingual braces might take a few days more before you get accustomed to wearing them and since they are inserted on the inner edge of the teeth they require special care and attention.
Invisible Teeth Braces for those who don’t want it to show
Braces have been the conventional way of getting your teeth back in shape. But, there are many who have carried on with their Ugly Betty look staying away from braces. What the reason I may ask “Oh! Braces hurt” or you here someone “How can you roam around with metal sticking out on your teeth for almost two years”
I know it can get irritating at times to have the braces stuck to your teeth, coping up with pain initially and then having to look after the braces well. It is quite a tedious job. We have a solution to your problem—Invisible Teeth Braces. You want to know how, well then read on.
Invisible teeth braces are truly a blessing for those who wouldn’t want their traditional metal braces showing up when talking or smiling. In the dentistry world these invisible teeth braces are more commonly referred to as aligners. If we had to describe the invisible teeth braces it is similar to the gum shield you wear when entering into the boxing ring.
Invisible Teeth Braces
The invisible teeth braces are manufactured from medical grade plastic. You are expected to wear the aligners for 2-3weeks and change the aligners from time to time. A visit to the dentist once in a while will keep you updated about the progress of the whole procedure.
What makes Invisible Teeth Braces a preferred choice?
• Considering the cost of the invisible teeth braces, it is not very expensive. But again the prices vary depending upon the complexity of the case. In severe cases it may turn out to be slightly expensive.
• The standard wired braces that you use take approximately two years to straighten your teeth. But the invisible teeth braces claim to do the same roughly in a period ranging from nine to fifteen months on an average basis.
• As its name suggests the invisible teeth braces cannot be seen. They will no longer be a cause for embarrassment each time you open your mouth. Only a thin wire is visible and that too if you take a closer look. The acrylic base too is flesh coloured and is easily concealed.
• Most of the invisible teeth braces are removable. They can be removed when eating or biting. You can also remove them when not required as in for a family photograph or when attending an important function.
• Cleanliness is another aspect simplified with invisible teeth braces. As they are removable, flossing and brushing is easy.
Points to remember while fitting Invisible Teeth Braces
• These aligners or invisible teeth braces can be fitted only to full formed teeth. They not are recommended for children.
• Mild to moderate realignment has been successfully achieved with invisible teeth braces. If your teeth require severe alignment, it is advisable to consult a dentist. He will guide you about the best dental procedure and treatment suited to you.
What you waiting for? Go fix your invisible teeth braces and get the smile you’ve always been longing for!!!
Invisible orthodontic braces for a beautiful smile
Orthodontics is a way of moving teeth and straightening them; to enhance their appearance and function. It helps the teeth, gums and jaws in long run by spreading the pressure of biting evenly throughout the teeth. It helps in moving teeth in a more manageable position, enhancing aesthetics and making the cleaning easier and oral hygiene better. Teeth are repositioned with the use of braces. Treatment depends from individual to individual. People these days are opting for Invisible Orthodontic Braces. In some patients prominent front teeth can stick out and are damaged which require orthodontic treatment to align them. In some people the upper and the lower jaws do not meet correctly and lead to incorrect bite. Orthodontic treatment is beneficial for children but in adults also it can be used to bite more evenly. The dentist carries out full dental examination and check up including examination of your teeth; taking X- Ray of your teeth; making plaster models and then discuss the treatment process.
In Invisible Orthodontic Braces arch wires and tieless brackets are used to move teeth faster and comfortably with best facial results. A passive slide mechanism is used to maintain arch wires in brackets, giving them enough space to move freely. It reduces binding and friction which helps your teeth to move comfortably and quickly. They are invisible braces; more discrete and resistant to discoloration and resistant to staining. It is a quick process and takes at least six months less than the traditional braces.
Orthodontic problems are of various types:
• Over crowding
• Deep over bite
• Open bite
• Upper protruding teeth or over jet
• Lower protruding jaws or under bite
• Cross bite
• Spaces in between teeth
Signs of early orthodontic treatments:
• Mouth breathing
• Difficulty in biting or chewing
• Early or late falling of baby teeth
• The jaws and teeth are not proportionate as compared to the rest of the face.
• Teeth bite is abnormal or does not meet properly
• Biting the roof of the mouth or the cheek
• Jaws that shift and make sound
• Teeth are crowded, misplaced or blocked
Advantages of Invisible Orthodontic Braces:
• It results in wider, fuller and beautiful smile.
• It gives better aesthetics and facial balance.
• The narrow lines look more inviting and fuller because of the smooth cheek contours.
• The dark triangles near the corner of the mouth also lessen.
• The teeth look less crowded, less crooked and straighten up.
• It gives a more youthful look with improved profiles.
• It lowers the risk of accidents because of the protruded upper front teeth.
• It corrects oral habits which can prove harmful.
• It is easy to clean.
• It requires few visits.
• There is no speech problem.
Invisible Orthodontic Braces helps in giving a beautiful smile in less than 6 months. Therefore it is the best method to cure dental problems and gain a confident outlook. It helps in giving you a confident smile making your teeth straight and flawless in less time. There are a variety of braces available; it depends on the individual choice to opt for any kind of treatment even though the most popular one is with metal brackets, arch wires and elastics.
Hidden braces to improve dental health
Braces are devices used in aligning and straightening the teeth to position them according to a person’s bite. Braces improve dental health. They help in correcting under bites, over bites, cross bites, malocclusions, open bites, deep bites and other flaws of jaws and teeth. There are many types of braces which people can choose. Braces made of plastic or ceramics are also preferred by some people. Some people prefer aligners in place of traditional braces. Some opt for Hidden Braces also known as lingual braces. These braces are fixed from inner part of the teeth. Wires and brackets are still used but these wires and brackets cannot be seen by others. They are different from the ceramic or traditional braces. Hidden Braces are customized brackets built for each and every tooth. Cement is used to fix each bracket to the tooth and with the help of arch wire the brackets are threaded. No one will come t know that you are wearing brackets unless you tell them as they are hidden behind your teeth. Lingual means the tooth surface near the tongue and that is the place these braces are placed. They are the only braces behind the teeth which are 100% custom made according to the shape of your teeth and treatment.
TREATMENT PROCESS of Hidden Braces:
• The models made from the impressions of your teeth are scanned in a computer. Your doctor will determine and examine your needs and decide the course of action.
• Advanced technology is used in creating braces for you. Every bracket and wire is made to fit your teeth properly, depending on the prescription prescribed by the doctor.
• Braces are fixed by the orthodontist when the appointment is taken.
• Their working is same as the regular braces.
• They are cosmetically better than the traditional braces.
• Food caught in the braces does not usually show to the other people.
• There is minimal discomfort.
• People take much longer time to become familiar with hidden braces. Initially a lot of discomfort is felt by the tongue which runs into them off and on. You take long to adjust your mouth and get used to talking with wires and brackets.
• Taking care of these braces is difficult. As they are on the back side it is harder to clean them. Cleaning these braces take more time than the usual ones.
• You will not come to know if something has got stuck in the braces easily. There might be something hanging in the mouth and you might not get aware of it easily.
• These braces are customized according to every tooth therefore they are more expensive.
• It needs an experienced orthodontist to install them with extra training.
No matter which ever method you use there is an adjustment period. They are more stable than ceramic braces as they are customized for every tooth and each tooth is getting special orthodontic care. It depends totally on the wearer which braces they would like to choose be it hidden braces or the traditional braces.
Get six month smile with help of technology!
If you have uneven teeth and are shy of opening your mouth and smiling whole heartedly then you no more have to worry because science has come up with a new technology that assures you of a confident and a beautiful six month smile. As the name suggests you are sure to have a heart winning smile in just six months of treatment. Unlike the olden times when you had to undergo a long and tedious treatment that would mostly last for a year or even more to improvise your smile now you can achieve a better smile in just a span of six months. Though it is hard to believe but it is certainly true and you can rely on this treatment without any doubts and confusion.
The six month smile treatment began in the States and is now being practised in almost all the countries. Many of you who had crooked teeth and still did not have the courage to go through an orthodontic treatment of wearing visible braces for a longer time can now be benefited through this short term treatment that comprises of treating your teeth and giving it a proper alignment so as to you can have a beautiful smile. You no more have to wear those ugly braces because this newer treatment involves treating the teeth to attain a proper shape by the use of invisible trays and braces. Apart from assuring you of a perfect smile the six month smile treatment is also an ultimate solution to your many other major orthodontic problems.
When you first visit a dentist for any problem he might first take photographs and X rays of your teeth and examine your smile and then only he will be able to analyse whether going for a six month smile treatment would actually benefit you or not. This treatment includes fixation of wires and white invisible braces that needs to be examined by the dentist every month or so and it usually takes only 10-15 minutes per sitting. Unlike any other orthodontic treatment the six month smile treatment is less painful but you certainly cannot take it for granted that it would be absolutely painless. The movement of teeth is quite lesser and slower in this technique and hence the discomfort experiences is also quite minimal. The wires used are short and the tooth is coloured and hence the braces are not visible which prevents you from feeling shy and embarrassed of wearing braces. The overall expenditure incurred in this treatment is also quite lower than the other equivalent treatments.
While discussing about the various advantages of the six month smile technology we cannot ignore the only disadvantage it poses. It demands you to wear a retainer similar to what you also require to wear in any of the other treatment methods after the treatment. But it enjoys an edge over the other treatments considering the fact that it is a short term treatment and does not even affect your speech. You might only feel a little alteration in speech and discomfort in the initial first week but you soon get accustomed to the treatment. Six month smile is certainly of great help if you lack time and patience to correct your smile.