The word cosmetic indicates something being made to look better. While some may associate the word with vanity it is often something that helps people feel more self confident. With the right cosmetic dental treatments in Essex you can improve your smile and get the self confidence that comes with it!
What types of treatments are available?
Below are a few examples of cosmetic dental treatments available-
- Cosmetic braces- Often associated with children and teenagers it is easy to forget that these are not designed to be tools of social awkwardness! Braces are useful in that they realign the teeth, creating a more even looking smile.
- Teeth whitening- People are sometimes nervous about this kind of treatment as they believe it will look fake. However experienced cosmetic dentists can gradually improve the shading of teeth to make them look brighter and at the same time create a look that is subtle and natural.
- Dental implants- If you have a tooth missing this can fill the gap. Titanium implants can be cleaned in pretty much the same way as normal teeth.
- Tooth contouring- This is used to smooth over overly pointy teeth in order to create a more consistent looking mouth shape.
- Snap On Smile- This is a thin resin placed over the teeth, ideal for stained, chipped or missing teeth. It is ideal for people nervous about going to the dentist as it does not require any drilling!
Can I still get a regular dental checkup at a cosmetic dentist?
Yes you can! A cosmetic dentist often uses X-rays and scans to check your oral health. This then makes it easier while doing a deep clean to pinpoint what areas require the most cleaning to ensure the best possible job. They can also offer advice on preventative health measures to ensure you keep your teeth clean between appointments!
Can anyone get cosmetic dental treatments?
There are some restrictions for example some adult braces may not be suitable for children under the age of 9. You may also be unable to get some treatments if you are a persistent smoker or you have particularly poor oral health.
All of these issues can be discussed during an initial consultation with the cosmetic dentist. If you have any questions or concerns it is worth getting in contact now.
Call Dr Basrai on 01375 481000 to schedule a Free consultation to see what he can do for you!