When people see the term cosmetic dentist in Essex they may be under the misapprehension that people take these treatments purely out of vanity. However the treatments that a cosmetic dentist offers are not only there to make people look good but can also improve your long term oral health and self confidence as well.
What kind of treatments does a cosmetic dentist offer?
There are numerous treatments on offer. What you choose depends largely on how you want to improve your smile and what your cosmetic dentist thinks is most appropriate. Here is a quick overview of what they can do for you-
- Teeth whitening- Some people may ask “I can get a home whitening kit, why do I need to pay the extra?” The simple fact is that a professional will give you the best results and will also ensure that the whitening is done safely.
- Adult braces- As with children and teenagers braces allow you to get your teeth straightened. If you are worried about people noticing them you can get clear braces or short term six month models that allow you to wear them for a shorter period of time.
- Porcelain veneers- Ideal for hiding missing, chipped or misshapen teeth. They also help to improve the look of teeth.
- Dental implants- As with veneers these can be use to hide missed and chipped teeth but also prevents muscle sagging caused by gaps between teeth.
- Dentures- There are numerous types available including cosmetic dentures to improve the shape of the mouth.
I don’t want to look like I have work done! Can I get a treatment with a cosmetic dentist that doesn’t look too obvious?
Quite simply yes! An experienced cosmetic dentist will use treatments that improve the look of a smile but equally looks natural so that only an extreme close up observation shows signs of work being done.
What about regular dental appointments?
As well as cosmetic treatments it is also possible to get regular cleaning and checkups with a cosmetic dentist as well!
How can I be sure that I am getting a good cosmetic dentist?
You want to make sure that the person doing the treatments is qualified. The easiest way to check is ask them! A good cosmetic dentist ought to be willing to discuss their experience as well as alleviate any concerns you may have.
They will usually talk with you during any initial consultation. It is also during this time that they may take scans and learn about your oral health to see what treatments are appropriate for you.
Talk to Dr Basrai on 01375 481000 to schedule a Free consultation to see what he can do for you!